Bicyclists have more in common with vehicle drivers than you might think. Speeding, Watching out for other drivers/cyclists, and hazardous driving/riding conditions
Bicyclists have more in common with vehicle drivers than you might think. Speeding, Watching out for other drivers/cyclists, and hazardous driving/riding conditions. On the other hand, a seemingly innocuous pothole might not be a danger to an automobile, but it can devastate a bicycle. Below are a few elements of risk for bicyclists:
According to the CDC, bicyclists in their 50s are the highest risk age group for bicycle accident deaths. Children and young adults between the ages of five and 19 account for the highest bicycle accident injury rate.
Men are 60% more apt to die in a bicycle accident and 40% more likely to face injury than women. Therefore, men who ride bicycles should be most alert and vigilant in Atlanta’s urban areas, since most bicycle-related deaths occur in these sectors.
Riding a bicycling while under the influence of alcohol can result in being charged with a DUI. result in a driving under the influence (DUI) charge, since the state of Georgia classifies bicycles and motorized vehicles in the same category.
As mentioned above, Georgia law views bicycles and vehicles through the same lens. As such, bicyclists must adhere to the same regulations as other motorized vehicles.
1. In Atlanta, it is illegal for people over 12 years of age to ride bicycles on the sidewalk.
2. Bicyclists must use designated bike lanes or ride in the street along with the flow of traffic. Bicyclists should never ride against traffic
3. Bicyclists must remain as far to the right side of the street as possible, unless they are avoiding potholes or such hazards.
4. Bicyclists who have reached the age of 16 are not required to wear helmets.
5. Bicyclists are also required to mount a white light on the front of their bikes and a red light on the back end. Both must be visible from 350 feet.
6. In Atlanta, it is a misdemeanor to drive aggressively when bicycles are present.
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident, contact the Law Offices of Robert A. River’s today.
Contact an experienced Atlanta Truck Accident Lawyer for a free consultation. Robert A. Rivers fights big-rig truck companies for truck accident victims compensation.
There are many faces of elder abuse, reaching from neglect, withholding food and drink, to intimidation and finally physical assault